Make a post (public, friend-locked, filtered... whatever you're comfortable with) to your LJ. Then, post should contain your list of 10 unlimited holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related ("I'd love a Snape/Hermione icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
If you wish for real life things (not fics or icons), make sure you include some sort of contact information in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ so that the holiday joy will spread.
Surf around your friend-list (or friends' f-list, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:
If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use ー or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free ー do it.
You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf ー to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not ー it's your call.
There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just... wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
1) More love in the world. I had this last year and it's making a return. TELL SOMEONE YOU LOVE THEM. That's an amazing present <3
2) Pop-Tarts. Mail me a box of brown sugar and cinnamon Pop-Tarts, because I can't get them here, and that gives me the SAD. I got hooked on them when I stayed with rowenamarion</lj> this summer. I have almost eaten all the ones I brought back from Wrockstock with me.
3)SNAIL MAIL / Christmas / Holiday cards. I adore getting mail. Like, A LOT. I am such a stationery geek too. So just...yeah. MAIL. I will love you a lot.
4) A mix CD. Because I adore music and finding new bands and...I love a lot of different kinds of music. Even metal on occasion though I am yet to find a love for Metallica. Or a lot of classical/jazz.
5) A Kevin Jonas icon. Or a Mike Carden icon. Actually, what I would like would be BOTH of them in the SAME icon. So I have something to use when I comment over at sodamnskippy</lj> that isn't Harry Potter themed or just random. But either would be fine.
6) Socks. Stripy socks. One-size-fits-all usually fits me. (even in knee- or thigh-highs. It's only tights that are a problem, because I am a shortarse and therefore they're always too long and saggy. ERGH). I love socks, a LOT, especially stripy ones. Especially socks from Target. Gosh I love Target. If someone could send me a Target store for Christmas... XDDDD
7) Jonas Brothers crap. Michelle gave me a JB notebook while I was in STL. Posters, notebooks, pencils, Camp Rock merch...I am obsessed and don't mind what the heck it is. It just makes me very happy to have stuff like that. Or Harry Potter crap. Or High School Musical crap, but mostly HP or JB.
8) I would love fanfic. I don't think anyone who writes in any of my fandoms is ever going to read this (except maybe HP, but people on my flist etc. don't like writing H/D I don't think. Or AS/S. So...boo.) but I may as well list it. If you can even rec me some fics you loved in any of my fandoms that would be awesome (PLEASE NO HP CANON. It kills me a little).
9) Write on a piece of card or paper why (um, if XD) you think I'm awesome and mail it to me. I would like to put it on my door. Because sometimes I feel sad and I just want to be reminded that people love me. </ cheerupemokid>
10) Give my dad a job? Please?